Prohibition has been placed on New Year’s celebrations, parties in any closed or open space including restaurants, hotels, bars, pubs, resorts and clubs from December 30 to January 7.
“The order shall come into the force, in the areas under the control of Commissioner of Police, Greater Mumbai from 00:00 Hrs of 30th December 2021 and will remain in force till 24:00 Hrs of 7th January 2022, unless withdrawn earlier,” the order reads.
Meanwhile, Mumbai on Wednesday reported 2,510 fresh COVID-19 cases and one death in the last 24 hours, informed the state health bulletin.
Here’s the full list of guidelines:
- No New Year celebrations, ceremonies, parties, or any other activities must be organized in any confined or open space within the BMC jurisdiction.
- Gathering of groups or more than five people is not allowed at public places from 9 pm to 6 am.
- Only 100 people are allowed in confined spaces for wedding, social, political, religious events, or ceremonies. In open spaces, 250 people or 25% of the capacity, whichever less, is allowed.
- Places with a permanent seating arrangement are allowed to use 50% of their capacity as opposed to just 25% in places with non-permanent seating arrangements.
- All restaurants, gyms, spas, cinemas, theatres can only operate at 50% of the capacity. All such establishments should mention both the sanctioned full capacity and 50% capacity.
- Only 25% of seating capacity is allowed at venues of sport/event ceremonies.
- All eligible citizens should complete their Covid-19 vaccination. Only those vaccinated will be allowed in public places.